Saturday, August 28, 2010

yes! yes! Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

All the pieces are in place. As of a few days ago, we have hired the major "broad strokes" of the wedding. Here they are:
Venue
Caterer
Florist
Photographer (still looking for a videographer)
Music
Someone to marry us
transportation
hotel
Gift registry

At this point I am felling like a mad scientist.....waiting for lighting to strike so I can yell out "It's alive!"

Throughout the whole process though I have thought of myself more like the GM of a baseball team. My job has been to go out and get the scouting reports, se them in person when I can, then hire the professionals for my team. If you hire the right experts, the rest will happen.
Now there are tons of details to sort out, the batting order, who plays where, the workout schedule, etc.....while I will be involved with those decisions, my fiance is really the manager of the team. She gets to make those calls and the day tot day stuff. I am the smartest GM in the world cause I found the smartest manager.

Now let's go win the pendant!

1 comment: