Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Caterers and all the food stuff

Sorry I have been absent no one who is reading this, but I am kind of busy planning a wedding!
Things have progressed of course, the venue has been chosen although we are still waiting for the contract to arrive in the mail. I should say I have been patiently waiting, my fiance not so much. I actually had to call and put my nice voice on and say "it has not arr rived yet, maybe we gave you the wrong address?" like I don't know where I lived. "please send the contract to..uh...1..uh..2.....uh...3....way, the moon, USA".
The nice lady told me she put it in the mail. It had better be there today.

In other news we have started the process of choosing a caterer. I called a few places (our venue only works with certain caterers and gave us a list) and asked for quotes.

How come every estimate we get from www.theknot.com comes in about 100% less then the real world? We have already upped our budget....twice.

When thinking about your budget here a few things NOT to do:
1. figure out how much you are spending per hour on that day
2. Remember all the times you already bought drinks for someone on your guest list
3. devise ways to get corporate sponsorship
4. figure out new ways to cut costs, pot luck wedding? anyone?
5. drink heavily

Needless to say, when I saw the first proposal for the food budget my first thought was "the food better be easier to swallow then this proposal!"

However, what everyone tells me is that they remember two things from a wedding. The food and the music. So this is an expense we can't skimp on....although they are doing wonderful things with cat food these days....all organic!

1 comment:

  1. Great source friend. I was able to take note all of your post here. Thanks!

    catering jacksonville

    ReplyDelete